Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We respect the right to privacy of all visitors to the www.setsukobeauty.com website. We do not collect information that would personally identify you unless you choose to provide it.
The personal information that you submit is shared only with staff of Setsuko Beauty Clinic who need this information to respond to your question or requests. Information submitted through Setsuko Beauty Clinic forms may be collected to ensure technical functionality. It will also be utilised to address any inappropriate use of our website. We do not save personal information to use for other purposes, nor do we provide it to any other organisation.
Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 01.05.2018.
What we collect
When visiting the Setsukobeauty.com website the following information may be gathered:
- With your consent a google analytics google analytics cookie will obtain information about the number and navigation behaviour of site visitors.
When booking an appointment through the Timely booking app (Timely privacy notice ), booking onsite during an appointment or by phone/email the following information may be gathered.
- Contact information including email address, phone number
When attending a consultation for an aesthetic treatment such as laser hair removal:
- Additional information relevant to aesthetic treatments needs to be provided to ensure the Health and Safety of the client such as medical history which may affect a treatment. This information is obtained directly during a consultation and entered into a treatment file together with your treatment history and treatment photographs. This information is kept securely on the premises.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and appointments, lawful basis of processing is Contract
- Provide reminders to you about appointments you have booked by SMS text message and email, lawful basis of processing is Legitimate Interest
- Google analytics if consented will provide information about website visitors to enable us to improve setsukobeauty.com website, lawful basis of processing is Consent.
- Aesthetic clients special category data e.g. medical information is lawfully processed by Contract and Explicit Consent
- Anonymous aesthetic treatment special category data is lawfully processed by Consent and Explicit Consent for marketing purposes.
Data retention period
We keep customer records for two years from the date of the last appointment at Setsuko Beauty Clinic.
Our appointment booking services is available only for those of 16 and over. No data for clients under the age of 16 should be retained as these customers need to book through a parent or guardian.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. These include such things as https encryption, passwords and anti-virus software. For website security please refer to:
The Setsuko Beauty Website is hosted by Godaddy. Godaddy collects anonymous information about users' activity on the site, for example the numbers of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. See there privacy statement here.
We have added a cookie control to our website which allows you to opt in to the use of the Google Analytics cookie. This cookie helps us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, the information collected is the number of visitors to the site, how visitors have arrived at our website and all the pages that are visited. For further information, visit google privacy.
Further information on cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org. If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit google here
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
Controlling your personal information
Your rights Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights at the ICO here.
Your rights under the the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect 25th of May 2018. You can read more about these rights at the ICO here.
- You have the right to erasure. Although Setsuko Beauty Clinic will have only ever attained your personal data organically (direct conversation/enquiry), you, of course, have the right 'to be forgotten'. This means, at your request, we will delete all personal data attributed to you from all of our internal databases. Whenever you make a booking on the website, look for the option that allows the use of your email address for the delivery of our Newsletter and marketing.
- You have the right to restrict processing, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us email@example.com. If you would like your data to be removed at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd, School Lane, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6QQ. We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right of access and may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd, School Lane, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6QQ.
- You have the right of rectification, if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You have the right to object some data held about you will automatically be used to provide appointments reminders. If you would like your data to not be used for this purpose please email email@example.com or write to us at Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd, School Lane, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6QQ.
- You have the right to data portability; information held about you can be extracted into a common format for example CSV for importation into another system. If you would like a copy of you data for import into another system please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Setsuko Beauty Clinic Ltd, School Lane, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6QQ.
How to contact us:
Setsuko Beauty Clinic