Home IPL & Laser Hair Removal vs Professional Laser
There are many products on the market advertising IPL/ Laser Hair Removal at home. Have you thought about the differences between Home Kit and a professional Laser treatment?
Getting a home kit seems much cheaper than going to a clinic for laser hair removal treatments. I thought comparing would be interesting, so let’s find out!
For the home IPL hair removal kit, I have chosen a mainstream brand which I call “Product A”.
For a professional laser machine, I have chosen the Motus AY, which I use at my clinic.
- The home kit (Product A) is around £400 - 450, depending on the sellers.
- Motus AY treatments on the Upper Lip cost £480 for a course of 12 at my clinic.
If you are only concerned with one area, there may be no cost-benefit. It will be cheaper if you intend to treat lots of areas. But….
- An IPL home kit generates between 2-7 Joules of energy; this power is not strong and can be used cordless.
- The Motus AY delivers between 31-63 Joules of laser light. It’s very powerful, and special safety measures such as training eyewear and non-reflective surfaces must be in place.
- Home kits are not suitable for dark skin tones.
- The Motus AY can be used on all skin tones.
- The best thing about a home kit is that you can use it at home.
- With Motus AY, the machine is clinically proven, has precise settings and is powerful. It helps to reduce ingrown hair, and skilled engineers service the machine to maintain top-quality performance.
A home kit does not produce enough power to produce effective long-term results; the home kit I tested informs you that results are temporary and need to be touched up every 4-8 weeks. The Motus AY on the other side, is very effective and produces long-lasting results.
If you would like to know more about professional laser hair removal treatment, You can book a free virtual consultation with Setsuko. She will explain in more detail and answer any questions you may have.